The Liebster Blog Award

23.3.13


I’ve been nominated by the very lovely Alice Huskinsson, author of The Man in The Haystack.

The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognise blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look. I have rather a few more than 200 (luckily) so I'm cheating and choosing a few other bloggers that might have more too. My job is to:

(a) List 11 random facts about me;

(b) Answer 11 questions Alice has set me;

(c) Set 11 questions to ask other authors;

(d) Tag 11 authors (or more... or less!) who should bask in the Liebster glow.

To my nominated author friends – it means doing the same as I am doing here! ie. Post a blog linking back here, with 11 random facts about you, answer my 11 questions and nominate 11 new bloggers to answer 11 new questions you have set them – they can be about anything! If you want to do it but the thought of finding 11 other bloggers to tag and thinking up questions puts you off, just write 11 random facts about yourself, and answer my questions!

11 random facts about me

(1) I am gluten and lactose intolerant (but I do indulge in a little cake on a Saturday and/or Sunday otherwise life wouldn't be worth living)

(2) I love disaster movies

(3) The only time I've ever been on a horse, everybody laughed at me when I got off. I still can't understand how I could have done it so wrong!

(4) The first time I ever put make-up on, my Mum told me to take it off. She said I looked like a China doll. Is that a bad thing?

(5) I sometimes chew my tongue when I'm deep in concentration

(6) I met my husband when I was just 16

(7) I hate gardening and window cleaning.... urgh

(8) I met Kiki Dee on my birthday (Boxing Day) a few years ago. She gave me a signed CD for a birthday present

(9) I once stalked Bonnie Tyler around Faro airport

(10) I recently worked on a movie which starred Lucia Moniz, the famous Portuguese actress from Love Actually

(11) I'm a Goth at heart (it never really left me)

Now, the 11 questions Alice asked me:

(1) I stumbled in to the ‘author world’ when I was encouraged by several people to turn my dating blog in to a novel. How did you arrive in the author world?
I started writing years ago but it wasn't until two years ago that I wrote my first YA book, Raven. Originally, I'd planned to try and get published traditionally but when a friend suggested Amazon KDP, I jumped on the bandwagon. I haven't looked back since!

(2) The ‘onesie’ has become very popular in the fashion world with the help of THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX stars. I’m from Essex and you will rarely find me lounging about at home without my onesie! Which item of clothing would you sorely miss if it was taken away from you?
LOL, Alice. Do you really have a onesie? Actually, I've seen them in Primark and I have thought about it. I bet they're lovely and warm. I'd be lost without my jeans. You can usually find me in one of my many, many pairs. I just love that you can wear them with anything.

(3) As a youngster I was taught to play the piano. Classical music was my thing and I played it quite well. Did you ever learn to play a musical instrument? If so, which one and do you still play? If you never played one, do you regret it/would you like to?
Like most kids at school back then, I had to play the recorder but I was terrible at it. I used to just try and copy the girl next to me. I must have sounded awful. I do regret not learning to play something though. Given the chance again, I'd say the piano.

(4) Name something on your bucket list and tell me why it’s on there?
I've always wanted to go to Cape Canaveral and visit the Space Centre. Not really sure why. Its just always been on my list.

(5) When I was a child I used to dream about being a photographic model when I grew up. What did you aspire to be, and did you ever achieve it as an adult?
I wanted to be an archaeologist, then a psychologist and there was probably a time I wanted to be actress too. But I know I'd be terrible at all those things.

(6) My favourite track of all time is I’m Not In Love by 10cc, for no other reason than it completely moves me. What is your all time favourite track?
Probably Cry Little Sister by Aiden from The Lost Boys movie soundtrack. I just adore it!

(7) Aside from your spouse/partner, tell me about your best friend.
She's my complete opposite in every way. She's blonde, I'm brunette. She's loud, I'm quiet. She's confident, I'm shy. She's just larger than life and so much fun to be around.
She used to live around the corner from me but she moved back to England a few years ago. We're planning on moving back soon and we're going to settle in the same town. I can't wait to hang out with her again.

(8) On average, how many books do you read a month, and what is your favourite genre?
Lately, I've read more than my average. Probably about 3 or 4.

(9) Paperback or electronic reader?
Both. I buy them both.

(10) Put a link below to a blog that you enjoy reading.
http://melissapearl.blogspot.pt/

(11) If a movie was made of THE MAN IN A HAYSTACK, my leading character Mae would be played by one of three actresses – Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet or Cameron Diaz. Who would you like to play the leading character in a movie of your latest novel?
I have two leading ladies, Emma Jane and Lana Beth Morgan. I'd like a young Vivien Leigh lookalike to play Emma Jane and do you remember that gorgeous girl who appeared in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Jasmine Breinburg? Someone who looks exactly like her.

Here are the 11 questions I am asking the 11 authors I plan to tag:
1) I always wished I had a middle name but I'm just plain old Suzanne (Suzy) Turner. Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it? 
2) When I write my books, I usually have a rough idea of the general plot but I usually go off on a tangent and change it dramatically halfway through. What about you? Are you a plotter or a pantster?
3) I was always a 'pink' girl until I had all my hair chopped off and then for some reason, I changed my favourite colour to blue. What's your favourite colour and why?
4) I always loved the name Sheharazade. If you were to re-name yourself what would it be? (he he he... no I probably wouldn't be brave enough to go for the aforementioned name!)
5) I used to have the most amazing dreams where I was flying. Is there a recurring dream you remember having as a child?
6) My favourite TV shows at the moment are Castle, Scandal, Bones, Lost Girl, Haven, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones. What are some of yours?
7) If my life was ever made into a movie, I'd want Sandra Bullock to play me. Who would play you?
8) In an ideal world, I'd have enough money and resources to spend half the year in England and the rest in Canada or the US. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
9) I'd change my feet if I could. If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be?
10) The Time Spirit series by Melissa Pearl, The Marchwood Vampire series by Shalini Boland, Scarlet Vamporium by Poppet are just a few of my fave indie books. Name two or three of your all time favourite indie books.
11) I can speak Portuguese but it's getting a bit rusty. Can you speak any other languages?

I am tagging the following authors to continue the next chain of the Liebster Blog Award. 

6 comments :

  1. Yay! Thanks Suzy - I'm sitting here in my onesy and totally delighted to be tagged!

    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes it is true.. I have a selection of onesies. My favourite is a giraffe with ears and tail :) Love them, and the fleece onesies are so warm.

    Anyway, thanks for taking part in this. I love scratching the surface and finding out things that ordinarily we wouldn't discuss in our author world!

    Great job! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he... Janice, I can't imagine you in a onesie! And Alice, all of this talk of onesies, I think I'm going to have to invest in one lol!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Do it! You know you wanna ;) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Suzy!!! I'm late to getting around to blogs, but I finally made it!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs